Thursday, October 30, 2008

VOTE for CHANGE!!!

Family and Friends....
Normally, I don't openly share my political views. When I was a school teacher, my students would ask me who I was voting for. I never shared my own personal views, as I didn't want to sway their opinions. I tried to be unbiased. Now that I am retired, I feel free to express my opinions in a "respectful" way. I was raised in a Republican farm community. My grandparents and mother usually voted for Republicans. My dad usually voted for Democrats. When I got married and my husband became a union member, my politics changed. I also became a member of NEA and tended to vote for Democrats.

This year's election is so important. Most Americans agree that the last 8 years under President Bush have been disasterous. We can't continue fighting two wars and spending billions of dollars every month in Iraq and Afghanistan. Our own economy is in shambles. We must vote for a candidate who can start fixing everything Bush broke! Senator McCain has said that he has voted with Bush 90% of the time....how is that "change"? I used to like McCain, but his negative campaign, lies, and political views are not going to fix our problems. I have been impressed with Senator Obama. He is steady and consistant with his message. I truly believe he will make the best president!

If you are still undecided or need some help in figuring out this election, here's a wonderful blog written by an 82 year old woman who has the spunk "to tell it like it is"!

http://margaretandhelen.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/if-you-are-undecided-youre-not-paying-attention/

VOTE on November 4th!

2 comments:

TraceFace said...

You are not alone in your sentiment and I think that's why Obama's going to win this thing. I for one sure hope he does. That's why I've already voted (hey Kansans - get out and vote early!) for him. I also liked McCain previously - at least had a great deal of respect for him. I even bought one of his books and Alex and I went to hear him speak once, but he's lost a lot of my respect with the negative ads lately and with his behavior during the debates. Something's got to change and I do believe that Obama is the guy that will do that.

Meg said...

Well put mother. Well put. We most definitly need "CHANGE."